The Whitehouse Consultancy is launching its pro bono scheme for 2015/16, and is calling for applications from third sector organisations interested in receiving 12 months of free public affairs and political communications consultancy and support.
The Whitehouse Consultancy is a Westminster-based political communications, public affairs and media relations agency. Through our pro bono scheme we offer organisations aiming to make a real and constructive difference to society the opportunity to contribute to the development of political policy, which they might not otherwise participate in.
The successful organisation will benefit from our expertise with 12 months of support in taking forward their campaign through the ongoing research and analysis of political and policy developments; the identification of key decision makers to approach and support on how to approach them; message development; and preparation for one-to-one engagement with decision makers.
Candidate organisations will be considered on the following criteria:
- Dynamism of the organisation, its application and general approach
- Desire for achieving change in public policy and a reasonable understanding of this environment
- Clarity and focus of the organisations’ aims and objectives for a public affairs campaign
- Willingness and ability of the organisation to invest time and own resources to a public affairs campaign
- Current level of statutory funding
- The degree to which the work of the organisation reflects the ideals and values of our company and our team
Organisations interested in applying for the pro bono scheme should contact Peter Shand (email@example.com) with a submission no longer that two sides of A4 explaining their recent work; details of any existing or previous political engagement; what their current issues are in relation to government policy and intended goals for the 12 month period.
The deadline for applications is Thursday 2nd April 2015. Shortlisted applicants will be expected to meet with members of the Whitehouse team prior to a final decision being made.
Our most recent Pro Bono client was Action CP, the national charity representing children with cerebral palsy, and the year proved to be extremely successful, culminating in a reception in Speakers’ House in the Houses of Parliament with Education Secretary Nicky Morgan as the guest of honour. More information on our work with Action CP can be found here.