Labour Leader Ed Miliband has announced a reshuffle of his Shadow Cabinet following the decision of Jim Murphy to pursue the Scottish Labour leadership. With little over six months until the General Election, this is how Ed Miliband has changed his team:
Department for International Development
- Mary Creagh has been appointed as Shadow Development Secretary (formerly being the Shadow Transport Spokesperson). She succeeds Jim Murphy, who has left the Shadow Cabinet to campaign for the Scottish Labour leadership.
- Anas Sarwar (formerly the Deputy Scottish Labour leader/Interim leader of the Labour Party in Scotland) has been appointed Shadow Development Minister, succeeding Alison McGovern.
Department for Transport
- Michael Dugher has been appointed as the Shadow Transport Spokesman
Department for Education
- Alison McGovern has been appointed Shadow Childcare Minister.
- Lucy Powell has been appointed as Labour’s Election Lead with a Shadow Cabinet Office Minister role. She takes the title of Vice-Chair of the General Election campaign, moving from the Shadow Childcare Minister’s brief.
Ed Miliband has also appointed John Trickett as a Senior Advisor. Mr Trickett will retain his roles as Shadow Minister without Portfolio and Deputy Party Chair.