The Whitehouse Consultancy is committed to providing our team members with opportunities to develop their skills and take on responsibility. If you are interested in joining our team, please contact us.
While we try to respond to recruitment enquiries, unfortunately, due to the large number of enquiries we receive, this is not always possible.
We are currently advertising for the following positions at Associate Director, Political Consultant and Associate Political Consultant.
- Overall responsibility for client accounts, establishing long term strategic approaches to client objectives and leading on the delivery of agreed strategies through delegation to team members;
- Provision of senior counsel to clients and responsibility for the development and implementation of strategic communications programmes, including media relations, reputation management, public affairs, and social media as appropriate;
- Responsibility for new business development and meeting growth targets, including oversight and development of new business strategies, taking the lead in pitches, identifying opportunities for potential clients, and growing existing accounts;
- Overall responsibility for client retention and profitably within your team structure;
- Advising and assisting the Managing Director in carrying out the company’s affairs; ensuring compliance with the law, good practice, and maintenance of high ethical standards; and providing leadership in driving forward all aspects of the business;
- Through membership of the Senior Management Team, supporting the Managing Director in the development of the company’s business plan and the setting and achievement of key targets;
- Ensuring that all aspects of the business are properly managed, including team, client relationships, budgets, assets and resources, to make best use of them and increase the company’s profitability;
- Responsibility for liaison with professional support services and external contractors;
- Advising the Managing Director on all budgetary decisions taken by the company, including training, systems and programmes used by the company in the course of its day-to-day activities;
- Any other tasks as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject;
- Demonstrable experience in a political and public policy making role in Westminster, Whitehall, think-tanks, NGOs or the private sector;
- Demonstrable experience of public and media relations, crisis communications and social media strategies;
- A thorough and extensive knowledge of the political processes in the UK and Europe;
- A demonstrable ability to devise and carry out successful political campaigns for clients from the public, private and voluntary sectors encompassing both media relations and public affairs tactics;
- Demonstrable experience in providing senior counsel to clients at senior executive and C-suite levels;
- A proven ability to retain clients over the long-term, a proven track record of winning new business and working independently and autonomously in overseeing and managing client accounts;
- A demonstrable ability to operate in a collegiate manner and provide high-level and strategic advice and counsel to the Managing Director;
- Experience of delivering relevant training to clients would be desirable.
To apply for this role, please send a short covering letter and CV to Helen.Munro@whitehouseconsulting.co.uk
EU Political Consultant / Associate Political Consultant
London (travel to Brussels required)
£25,000 – £35,999 and generous bonus scheme
We are looking for candidates to join our EU team dealing primarily with food and nutrition policy, public health, digital policy and issues arising from Britain’s departure from the EU.
The successful candidate would have detailed knowledge and understanding of EU politics and policies and workings of the European institutions. Knowledge of British politics would be considered an asset.
We are looking for individuals to support our Consultants and Senior Consultants in their day to day work, providing intelligence and strategic advice and timely updates to clients on points of relevance, as well as contributing to new business proposals. We are looking for candidates who can hit the ground running in building strong relationships with our clients, working with a good degree of independence and contributing enthusiastically to business development.
- Researching, forecasting and evaluating the effects of European and national policies on existing and potential clients, using public sources, political intelligence and personal contacts
- Providing detailed guidance to clients on the interplay between a variety of European laws across a number of sectors
- Liaising with the European institutions, stakeholders, trade associations and other external bodies on a daily basis
- Attending client meetings with European Commission officials, European Parliamentarians, their equivalents in the UK, and other Member State officials and carrying forward action, briefing clients before or after each meeting and actively contributing during discussions
- Drafting and overseeing the production and quality control of written correspondence, briefings, research, meeting packs and reports, public policy position statements and target lists of elected representatives and officials
- Organising events for clients and attending meetings with potential clients
- Undertaking research and preparing background documents for new business proposals
- Taking a lead role on tasks allocated for specific clients following discussion with the client lead; independently managing the day-to-day tasks and actions required to service client accounts; providing the day to day point of contact for clients
- Supporting internal communications, in particular where our role is to provide Secretariat services to a trade body or other coalition of companies and organisations
- Supporting media and PR activity alongside our PR team, when required
Skills / Experience required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject (public affairs, political science, law, social sciences, etc.)
- The ability to digest complex information quickly and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and fluency in English
- Experience in a political and public policy making role in Brussels
- Good working knowledge of the legislative and political process in the EU
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office packages
- An enthusiasm for politics and a desire to work in public affairs
- The ability to thrive as part of a small team and demonstrate leadership skills
Skills / Experience desired
- Previous experience (e.g. internship or placement) working for the European institutions
- Knowledge and experience of UK politics
- Knowledge of foreign languages would be desirable
29th June 2018
Interviews will be held as soon as possible. Please note that we may interview and appoint before the closing date so please submit your application at the earliest opportunity.
Please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com
Associate Political Consultant
We are looking for a candidate who can hit the ground running in building strong relationships with our clients, working with a good degree of independence and contributing enthusiastically to business development.
- Acting as a central point of contact for client activity, including managing some clients as directed
- Developing creative and effective public affairs strategies for clients
- Attending client meetings with Parliamentarians and/or civil servants as requested, participating in discussions and advising the client where appropriate
- Monitoring policy developments from Government Departments and public policy announcements, consultations, calls for evidence and press releases, highlighting issues of relevance for clients and keeping up to date with issues in the sectors which affect your client
- Arranging and scheduling Parliamentary meetings, receptions or other events
- Drafting correspondence to, and stakeholder lists of, Parliamentarians and officials
- Preparing briefings, policy audits, research papers, reports and Select Committee submissions and consultation responses under guidance
- Developing and driving new business activity supported by the Senior Team
- Supporting internal communications where our role is to provide secretariat services to a trade body
- General research to support client media engagement strategies, including identifying opportunities for clients in the national and specialist press
- Working more broadly as directed, including participating in event management, handling press enquiries and undertaking social media activity for clients if required
- Willingness to work on international clients as and when required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Experience is a political and/or policy-making role in Westminster, Whitehall, think tanks, a political party, NGO or the private sector
- A good working knowledge of political and policy-making processes in the UK and the ability to apply this knowledge to achieve policy objectives
- Experience of managing multiple clients or projects simultaneously
- Experience and/or knowledge of the UK health sector
- The ability to understand and digest complex information quickly and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience of working within the mechanisms of Parliament to drive forward demonstrable change
- The ability to work as part of a small dedicated team with minimal supervision
- Experience of presenting reports and presentations both verbally and in writing
- Experience of providing a parliamentary and political monitoring service
- Good time management skills in performing a busy workload for several clients
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office packages
Please submit a CV and short covering letter detailing why you would like to work for The Whitehouse Consultancy to Paul.Church@whitehouseconsulting.co.uk
The deadline for applications is 30 June, but we will undertake interviews prior to that date and may make an appointment prior to the closing date.